Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 2006-08-21, 11:50AM EDT
Photographer needed to take pictures of flying trapeze students. Hours are flexible. Part time or full time. Benefits available with full time. Build photo portfolio and learn to fly on the trapeze!
I recieved this response..........
(I knew who it was going to - TSNY - I've shot there on assignment and it seemed like a fun regular gig)
The photography position at Trapeze School offers a great opportunity to add to one’s portfolio, meet interesting people, and learn to fly on the trapeze. We are looking for someone who is available weekdays (perhaps some weekends if needed) to take photographs of the students who fly at Trapeze School New York. Scheduling can be flexible to fit your needs. We pay an hourly wage and health/dental insurance is available for those with full time status. If you would like more information please feel free to email me.
Trapeze School New York LLC
I replied with:
Thanks for the quick reply!
I'm very interested, and I can certainly make myself available on weekdays. Beginning in September, I am teaching in the afternoon on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I would only be available until 2pm on those days. Any other weekday should be fine. Occasional weekends are ok as well. I do have a couple questions for you though:
- What defines "full time"? 40hrs/week?
- What is a typical workday? 9-5pm?
- How are the photos handled? Onsite computer for processing and sales after the class?
- Is the photographer responsible for sales/pushing the photos? This is an important point for me, because I'm a photographer and not much of salesman - I also despise those guys at (for example) the Circle Line who force you to get you photo taken before boarding then pressure you to buy afterwards. That's absolutely NOT what I'm interested in doing!
- Is photo equipment provided?
- If not, then is there a stipend for wear+tear on personal gear or is this factored into the hourly wage?
- What is the hourly wage?
- If I'd need to use my own gear, does TSNY have any specific needs or requirements? I'm sure I've got all bases covered, but knowing in advance helps!
- Is this seasonal? Does TSNY move indoors for the winter? How does weather play a factor - I'd hate to take on a full time job only to really only work 2 days/week due to rain, etc.
Suzanne answered with:
We provide the photo equipment. The sales are handled by the sales associates. Most of the hours available are on the weekdays in the day time, but there are sometimes evenings and weekends, it’s very flexible. The rate is $7.50/hour to start with room for growth and health benefits if you work 30+ hours a week.
Let me know if you are interested and perhaps we can set up an interview.
So, yet another person expecting something for nothing... wow. what a bunch of cheap bastards.